Thank you to hundreds of volunteers, past and present, who are the cornerstone of Dublin Food Pantry.
About Volunteering at Dublin Food Pantry
Operations Director Jim Wilson is on-hand at each volunteer shift. He points out, “Our volunteer teams are terrific! During customer curbside hours, it can be hectic in the pantry and our volunteers work in all types of weather, and yet, there is a positive vibe. At the end of a shift, we know that we helped people. That is a good feeling.”
Some of the ways to volunteer:
2022 Dublin Irish Festival Sunday sign-ups will be posted soon or please email Jim@dublinfoodpantry.org
FOOD DRIVE VOLUNTEERS All who organize a food, essential, fund DRIVE are volunteering to help Dublin Food Pantry.
SHARING POSTS: Letting others know that Dublin Food Pantry is here to help connect neighbors with food, essentials and resources can be as easy as sharing a pantry post on Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook. Or if you have photos to share of your Food, Essential, Fund Drive collection-team that you would like to share on the pantry’s social media, please email email@example.com so that we can potentially share your kind effort for the pantry on DFP’s social media.
- The Kitchen Crew: sorts/cleans/packs-up or stores or composts food (utilizing pantry refrigerators, freezers, and shelves)
- The Set-up Crew: Preps pantry space at open and close
- Customer service crew: Speaks with every customers curbside
- Serving Crew: Fills cart for each customer with perishables, shelf stable food, essentials, special requests
- Runners: Help the check-in and serving teams
- Loading/unloading: Heavy lifting of deliveries or loading groceries into trunks
- Pantry General Task Crews: Donation sorting, food packing, pantry cleaning, office tasks, inventory, and more
- Recycling: Break down boxes for recycling. Food composting.
Hours: Monday, Tuesday and Thursday mornings
- The transport team helps by driving to an assigned local grocery store or partner for a weekly perishable food donation pick-up and drop-off to the pantry. DFP’s Volunteer Transportation Director Bev Ross has led this team since 2012. Each driver pick-up is scheduled and tracked for maximum distribution efficiency. If you would like to consider joining the transportation team, please email Bev Ross at firstname.lastname@example.org to sign-up
- Some drivers are trained to drive the Dublin Food Pantry cargo van (possibly to and from Mid-Ohio Foodbank)
“April is National Volunteer Appreciation Month – a month dedicated to recognizing the importance of volunteering and honoring the significant contributions volunteers make by generously donating their time and talents.” reward volunteers.coop